Online marketing has undoubtedly become a modern trade lever, so every entrepreneur running a website or store should promote their business and build recognition among potential customers. But what should you do when you have limited resources? Learn about the marketing activities worth choosing with a limited budget.
Internet Marketing on a Limited Budget – SEO is essential
Website positioning is a profitable investment for large and small businesses. Thanks to a properly planned SEO strategy, you are able to build your website’s visibility on the internet, increase website traffic and increase revenues. What’s more – positioning is an investment – with the same funds you will gain more and more customers, and the cost of conversion will be systematically reduced. What SEO steps should you take if you are on a budget?
Local SEO – a proven internet marketing strategy for small businesses with a limited budget
Local SEO is a great way of internet marketing for small businesses with limited financial resources and operating in the regional market. Less competition means that you will notice the satisfying results faster without involving several thousand a month. To improve the visibility of your business, you can create its listing in Google My Business. It is a free tool that allows you to present basic information about your business. Your company will be visible on Google maps and, with appropriate positioning, also in the so-called Local pack. Thanks to local positioning, you will be found by users located near your stationary office. Local SEO is a great strategy for restaurants, bars, cafes, bookstores, and hotels.
The Google My Business listing also gives you the chance to get customer feedback without involving any resources. It’s free to set up, so GMF is an excellent option if you want to bet on low-budget internet marketing. All you need to do is actively seek the opinions of your customers and keep in touch with them on a regular basis.
Blog – a proven, low-budget strategy, thanks to which you will take care of the positioning of your website or store
One way to do internet marketing on a low budget is by running a blog. If you can write interesting, you don’t need to hire a copywriter. You also don’t need any specialized tools – google search what topics are interesting for users and create blog entries with key phrases. You can also use customer questions and concerns to prepare your blog content. Check what your competitors are writing about, look for topics that arouse interest in social media. What marketing effects can you count on by running a blog? Primarily:
– building the image of an expert in the industry by sharing knowledge,
– promoting products in the online store,
– building visibility and traffic from long-tail key phrases that are less competitive and give you a higher chance of conversion.
Remember that the content should be original – duplicating content damages the website positioning strategy, and also violates copyright. Also take care of the substantive aspect of the content – if the blog entry is not only interesting, but also useful for the user, you will increase the time spent on the website and build more traffic. Remember to analyze the effectiveness of the content, which you can carry out using the free Google Analytics tool. You will learn, among other things, what traffic is generated by your content, whether users come to the page from the organic search results channel, and how much time they spend on the website.
Low Budget Internet Marketing for Online Stores – Create Ecommerce Content for SEO Effects
One way to get online marketing on a budget for online stores is to create a variety of ecommerce content yourself. In the online store you can use:
– product descriptions,
– descriptions of product categories,
– blog content,
– photos, especially contextual photos,
– content created by your customers (the so-called User Generated Content).
Remember that your content should contain keywords, as well as be useful and interesting for the user. If you create content that responds to the needs of customers, you will increase the time of users on the website and traffic, which will certainly be noted by Google algorithms, which will reward your store with higher positions in the search engine. What’s more, content in internet marketing also allows you to create internal linking. Thanks to it, Google robots can efficiently navigate the website. How to link in an online store to support an internet marketing strategy in a low budget?
– Use internal linking in product descriptions – you can direct the user to a page dedicated to the entire category, as well as to other related products, for example related or similar products.
– Use internal linking in blog content – you can use the blog content to redirect the user to the described products or product categories on the store’s website.
– Remember that links should be in the main content, not in the footer.
– Keep linking natural – linked products and categories should be related to the content of the page from which the link comes – then you act in accordance with Google’s guidelines for webmasters and do not expose yourself to the Google filter.
Content recycling – an effective marketing strategy for companies with a limited budget
You have no idea for new content for your blog? Use the content you already have! Updating old content and expanding it can be a low-cost online marketing solution for small budget businesses. Moreover, the existing content can be used in various ways by using content recycling. Convert an article or a blog report into an infographic and share it on social media. In this way, you can build ranges across different channels, as well as attract users interested in a specific type of content (for example, graphics).
Guest posts – a way to support the effects of positioning in internet marketing with a limited budget
Do you want to get links to your website from valuable sources without involving financial resources? Establish a partner cooperation in the exchange of articles. In this way, you will get a link leading to your website, and in addition, you will publish content on your blog that may be interesting for your users. Thanks to such activities, you can improve the strategy of building the link profile of your website, despite the low budget for marketing activities.
Metadata optimization – proven SEO performance with a low marketing budget
Meta data, such as title and meta description, are the HTML code elements of your website that are visible to users in search results. They tell Google algorithms what the subpage is about, but they also play another important role. They influence, among others on the number of visits to the website and the CTR ratio. That is why you should take care of their optimization, focused on acquiring new users. The more attractive the title and description of the page, the greater the chance that the user will visit your site.
Technical optimization of the website in internet marketing with a low budget – how to improve the technical aspects of the website in SEO?
Technical optimization of the website is one of the most important aspects that affect the effects of positioning. Therefore, even if you have a limited budget for marketing activities, you should take care of on-site optimization including:
– implementation of a secure HTTPS protocol (SSL certificate),
– internal linking,
– implementing redirects to eliminate pages with a 404 error,
– appropriate content structure (headers, bolts, bullets, paragraphs and spacing),
– using keywords related to your offer in a natural way.
Optimizing the website for mobile devices – SEO action is necessary
The Mobile First Index algorithm introduced in 2016 made it necessary to adapt the website to mobile devices in order to achieve positioning effects. This means that your website on a mobile device:
– it is functional,
– loads quickly,
– adjusts its appearance to the screen size of the device used by the user.
What’s more, Google has announced that from March 2021 it will completely stop indexing sites that are intended exclusively for desktop devices (Zero Desktop Content 2021 update). Therefore, it is necessary to optimize your website for mobile devices even when you conduct marketing activities with a low budget.
Marketing activities on a limited budget – take care of the page loading time
Website loading speed is one of the important aspects that can affect the effects of website positioning. Therefore, even if you have a limited budget for marketing activities, you should ensure the optimal loading time. To check this aspect, you can use the free tools:
– PageSpeed Insights,
– GT Metrix.
Thanks to them, you will learn not only what the page loading time is, but also get information about the aspects that you should work on to improve the page loading time. Among them there are:
– image compression, i.e. reducing their size,
– limitation of multimedia elements that take a long time to load.
Internet marketing with a low budget – take care of the appearance and structure of your website or store
In order for your website or online store to generate conversions, it should be transparent and easy to use. To do this, you should:
– take care of the visual aspect – it is worth placing images, graphics and infographics that catch the eye on the website,
– plan an intuitive structure of product categories,
– create SEO and user-friendly URLs – include key phrases in URLs, avoid characters that say nothing, e.g. periods, commas, dashes, question marks, etc., use hyphens instead of underscores,
– take care of a positive user experience when interacting with the website.
Even with a limited marketing budget, you are able to create visually attractive graphics. Use free design tools such as Canva, Gimp or Piktochart to do this.
Internet marketing with a low budget for websites and stores – take care of optimization of conversions
Internet marketing activities focus not only on improving the visibility of the website and traffic, but above all on achieving higher revenues. Search engine optimization is an investment that is expected to pay off in the form of more conversions and higher shopping cart values. When conducting marketing activities with a limited budget, it is worth implementing improvements that will encourage customers to finalize the purchase, subscribe to the newsletter or contact us. The available options include:
– offering the widest possible catalog of payments and delivery methods,
– shortening the path to finalizing the transaction and conversion – the fewer steps the user has to take, the greater the chance of achieving the desired effect,
– the ability to make purchases without registration.
Do you have a limited budget for marketing activities? Be active in social media and support the effects of website positioning!
Being active in social media doesn’t cost much, but it can significantly improve your marketing strategy for a low-budget company. To support the effects of website or store positioning, as well as build the image of an expert, you do not need to use paid advertising campaigns. You can choose cheaper solutions including:
– keeping a profile on social media – sharing content, infographics, regular publication of posts and sharing knowledge,
– creating a Facebook group if you already have an engaged audience,
– organizing contests in which the prizes are your own products.
Don’t give up on low budget marketing activities – positioning for small businesses
A low online marketing budget doesn’t mean you have to give up on them. However, you should choose the best strategy that will bring you lasting results and will be the most profitable in the long term. Such expectations are met by website positioning. the cost of acquiring a single customer is systematically decreasing, and the number of conversions increases when the same funds are involved. What’s more, you can do some SEO activities, for example in the field of content creation, and support the campaign’s effects in organic search results. Local positioning is particularly attractive for small companies, as it brings faster results and is associated with the possibility of investing even on a low budget.