Creating a corporate blog allows you to share knowledge and build an image of an expert. However, this is not the only benefit related to the publication of content for users. A corporate blog is a great way to support your SEO strategy. What can you do yourself to make your blog support positioning? Learn 10 tips from visible agencies that will allow you to write a blog following SEO principles.
A company blog that supports positioning – why is it worth keeping it?
A company blog is an opportunity to share knowledge with your current and potential customers. It will bring you tangible benefits regardless of your business. Regularly appearing blog entries support the positioning of both a health food store and a company offering roofing materials. Why is it worth keeping a company blog? Because:
– thanks to it you will build an image of an expert in the industry, – a company blog is an opportunity for a variety of content marketing, which is one of the important Google ranking factors,
– through the blog, you can support sales in the online store and increase traffic on the website,
– thanks to interesting blog entries, you can gain fans and followers on social media,
– a company blog is a great way to support link building strategies,
– one of the key Google ranking factors,
– through guest entries on the company blog, you can increase the reach of your store or company and expand the group of customers.
How to run a company blog and support positioning? Learn the top 10 expert tips
Do you want to get a company blog that will support positioning, build traffic on the website or in the online store, and also improve the conversion rate? Learn 10 tips for creating a blog that will benefit your SEO strategy.
– Look for topics of interest to your clients.
– Use keywords that match your business profile.
– Structure your blog content – headlines, bolts and bullets are eye-catching.
– Create unique content in terms of SEO and users.
– Take care of technical optimization of content – use attractive meta tags (title, description, alternative descriptions of images).
– Use internal linking in blog entries.
– Create guest posts and get links to your blog.
– Recycle content in blog posts.
– Remember to promote your content on your corporate blog on Social Media.
– Analyze the effectiveness of content in free analytical tools.
How to write a company blog that supports SEO? Find topics that interest your users
If you want to run a company blog that will support the positioning strategy, you should write about topics that are of interest to your users. For this you can:
– analyze the subject of entries raised by the competition,
– enter phrases related to your business into the search engine and check what other keywords the search engine suggests,
– use free or paid keyword search tools, such as Answer the Public, Google Keyword Planner, SurferSEO or Semstorm and Sprout Social, which will tell you what blog topics are of interest to users.
How to write a company blog and support SEO results? Use key phrases
In order for your blog entry to be found by users and build traffic and conversions, it must be displayed in high positions in the search engine. Therefore, when creating a blog entry, you cannot omit key phrases. Only by placing them in the content, you will make the search engine consider your article valuable and display it in response to the user’s query. In the context of using keywords, there are several important elements to remember:
– Use key phrases naturally – keywords should be placed in the content in such a way that they are imperceptible to the user, but visible to Google robots; also avoid the so-called keyword stuffing, i.e. stuffing keywords in the content.
– Use key phrases related to your business.
– Choose phrases from the so-called long tail, which are less competitive but give you a much better chance of conversion and build valuable traffic.
– Use phrases in both body text, headings (including H1 header) and image descriptions.
How to create a company blog that supports the effects of positioning? Take care of an SEO friendly content structure
The structure of the content on a company blog is an element that affects not only positioning, but also the time spent by the user on the website. If a post is not properly optimized and does not look appealing, there is a high probability that a visitor will exit your blog quickly, thereby increasing your bounce rate. What should you do to make entries on your company blog support positioning and be visually attractive to users, as well as Google algorithms? Make sure your content is properly structured, including:
– the use of paragraphs and headings,
– the use of bolds – it is worth highlighting not only key phrases, but also fragments that carry a specific value for the user and may be interesting for him,
– the use of lists and bullets,
– placing images, graphics and infographics in the content.
An attractive content structure is a key element of content marketing on a blog, whose task is to support positioning. It is worth remembering that the substantive aspect is also important – search engine algorithms value content rich in valuable information that is useful and interesting for users.
Create unique content on your company blog that will support the positioning of your website
If you want your blog to support the effects of your SEO strategy, you should create content that is not only visually attractive, but also unique. Your competitors’ blog content may inspire you to expand your blog, but remember that the entries you create should be original. Why? Mainly because:
– copying content is illegal,
– content duplication can harm your website – Google algorithms will not know which content is original and will probably skip your page displaying results or display the wrong page you care about the most.
Optimize your blog to support website positioning
If you create a blog whose purpose is, among others positioning support, you should take care not only of the content, but also of technical optimization. What elements should be examined in terms of SEO? Primarily:
– title, i.e. the title of the page that is displayed in the search results – you should make it catchy and attractive – it largely depends on the title whether the user goes to your website or not,
– meta description, i.e. a page description that is displayed in the search engine under the title – although Google experts say that meta descrption does not have a direct impact on positioning, you should create and optimize it for each blog entry. It’s a good idea to include calls to action and information that may be relevant to the user, such as a free webinar,
– alternative descriptions of photos – their optimization will allow the search engine algorithms to understand what is in the image; an alternative description will also be displayed if the image cannot be displayed for any reason.
You should also include key phrases in your meta tags. Do it naturally, however, rather than saturating your meta tags with phrases.
How to support positioning with a blog? Take care of internal linking
Internal linking allows you to interest the user in products not only on product or product category pages, but also on the blog. How to use link building in blog entries, build traffic and support positioning? You can create a text in which you describe the properties of the products available in your store. If you run a store with natural cosmetics, you can create a blog entry about the care of sensitive skin and implement linking to the described products. Such a strategy not only supports positioning and makes the user stay on your website longer, but also can improve the conversion rate.
You can also link to similar blog entries to drive more traffic. Remember that you should add valuable links not only in new articles – you can also check existing entries and add links to new publications.
Valuable links leading to your website are one of the basic factors that influences the position in the search engine and positioning results – we wrote about it in the article “How to analyze the link profile on the website?”. If you want to build the authority of your website, you should make sure that links to your blog appear on other websites frequently visited by users. How to do it? Look for the possibility of cooperation in the field of creating guest entries on other blogs or websites. Do you run a blog about running a limited liability company? Make sure that your article with a link to your blog is on the information page about running a business. Do you write a blog where you post cosmetics reviews? Perhaps you will be able to establish cooperation with the blog of a cosmetics drugstore and publish a review on its website with a link to your website. You can also publish guest posts of other companies or contractors with whom you cooperate on your blog. The more such collaborations and links you get, the better positioning support your blog will be.
How to write a company blog that supports the SEO effects? Recycle your content
Do you have a lot of content on your blog that supports positioning? Are you missing an idea for new content? Use the materials you created earlier! How? You can, among other things:
– record a video review of the product based on the blog article,
– create a webinar based on an article,
– update and expand the content published on the blog a few years ago – then Google algorithms will re-index it,
– create an infographic based on the information contained in the article on the company blog,
– re-share the previously written article on social media and show it to new fans,
– create a guide in PDF format based on a multimedia presentation for customers.
By using content recycling on your company blog, you support positioning – a variety of content is appreciated by both Google algorithms and users.
Promote your blog and support positioning – remember to promote content on Social Media
Do you want to increase traffic on your company blog and thus support positioning? Share your blog content on Social Media channels. Facebook, LinkedIn, as well as Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter can be great sources of clicks and shares. In this way, you will increase the reach of both the post with the article, and your blog entry will be visited more often, which should arouse recognition in the eyes of search engine algorithms. Remember to complete your Social Media post with an attractive photo or infographic. For this purpose, you can use tools such as Canva or Landscape, which automatically adjusts the image size to the requirements of a specific social platform.
How to support positioning by writing a blog? Analyze the effectiveness of your content in free analytical tools
Just creating a large amount of content does not necessarily mean that you will get the satisfactory results of your SEO campaign. To know if your company blog actually supports website or store positioning, you should analyze the effectiveness of the content you create. What can you check with this? among others:
– whether the blog article is displayed in high positions,
– what is the CTR ratio, i.e. the ratio of the number of clicks on the blog article in relation to the views in search results,
– what channels do blog entries come from,
– do blog entries build traffic,
– whether blog traffic translates into conversion in the store or on the website.
If you want to verify whether your company blog supports positioning, you should use the following tools:
– Google Analytics to study traffic, user behavior and conversion on the website or in the store,
– Google Search Console to verify the phrases that generate entries to the company blog.
Company blog – your way to support website and store positioning
Creating a company blog and publishing valuable content containing key phrases on it is a proven and effective way to support positioning strategies. An interesting blog with a variety of content – guides, reports, webinars, podcasts, reviews or infographics – allows you to build an expert image, increase website traffic, as well as support sales and acquire loyal readers and customers. A company blog is also an opportunity to expand the list of phrases to which your website is displayed. If you take care of its optimization, as well as analyzing the effectiveness of blog content and updating it, you can expect satisfying SEO strategies.