The product page is the last element of the sales funnel on the Internet, in which the user decides to add a product to the cart or to cancel the purchase. What to do to encourage the user to complete the transaction? You need to give your customer more and optimize your product page for conversion. Get to know the 10 important elements of the product card that you should take care of.
1. Put information relevant to the user on the product card
Remember that a user who buys a product online cannot watch it live. Therefore, to facilitate his path to purchase, you should describe the item in detail. Each product must have its own, unique description that dispels the user’s doubts, such as:
– Will the product fit it?
– How long will the equipment work without recharging?
– Will the selected product work with the equipment it already has?
– How does the product make his life easier, how will it help?
– Will the buyer be able to assemble the purchased product (e.g. a piece of furniture) on his own?
To answer these questions, create a product description that includes:
– product parameters and technical data,
– exact dimensions of products (in the clothing industry it can be a size table in the form of a pop-up window),
– assembly instructions,
– information on securing the shipment, if the product may be exposed to damage in transport,
– information on the possibility and form of product return.
When optimizing your product page, remember to adjust the content and description language to your target audience. Are you creating a description for a phone case with funny graphics? Apply youth language. Are you preparing a description of a construction machine? Don’t forget about important technical data that your contractors are surely looking for.
2. Take care of a clear appearance of the product page
Do you want to optimize your product page? The e-commerce product fiche should contain only the information necessary for the user to make a purchase decision. Avoid:
– too many interactive materials,
– elements that may distract the user, such as links to blog articles. If the user goes to the blog, they may not come back to the product page and you will lose the customer.
The appearance and graphic layout of the product page should be transparent. Provide any important information (size, color, price, material, etc.) next to the product. Make sure that the elements of the product card are in places where the user expects them. Example? The button to add a product to the cart is usually located on the right side of the product – place it here.
3. Optimize your product page for performance
An efficient product page is a page that:
– loads quickly,
– it is responsive – it allows you to browse the product and make a purchase on desktop and mobile devices,
– uses the https protocol and provides user data encryption.
– One of the elements of optimization of conversion in the store is work on the efficiency and speed of the website.
How to optimize the product page in terms of speed and performance?
– Use PageSpeed Insights or GT Metrix. Thanks to them, you will check the current speed of your website and find out what you can do better.
– Check in the Mobile Friendly Test if your website is adapted to mobile devices. If not, take care to implement the mobile or responsive version. If you choose a responsive site, its appearance and layout will automatically adapt to the screen size of your device.
– Take care of the implementation of an SSL certificate that ensures safe electronic payments (by card, quick transfers). – Reduce the size of image files.
4. Add an effective call to action
How to optimize your product page? Through the CTA. A call to action is a return to the user that encourages him to perform a specific, desired action. For e-commerce, this is usually the purchase of a product or adding it to a shopping cart. On the product page, you should place a clear button with the slogan “Add to Cart” or “Buy Now”. This way you encourage the user to make the transaction and at the same time make it easier for him. Call to action should be visible and stand out from other content. To do this, take care of the colors and contrast on the page. The “Add to Cart” button is often orange in color. Why? Because it symbolizes warmth, joy and builds a positive attitude of the user.
5. Take care of User Experience in the online store
User Experience is one of the elements of SXO, i.e. positioning combined with optimization of conversion and user experience.
– Plan clear menu and intuitive navigation.
– Take care of implementing an internal search engine and filtering products.
– Optimize your e-commerce site for mobile devices.
– Apply internal linking – for example, to similar or related products.
6. Optimize your product card through photos
Pictures of the product are an essential element of the sales page. You should optimize them to support user conversion. What product photos should I put on my website?
– in high definition.
– presenting the product on a white background,
– contextual photos that present the product in a specific situation or place, e.g. a food processor in use, furniture in the room, etc.,
– presenting products from different perspectives.
Remember to provide the user with a zoom function for photos. In this way, you can compensate him for the lack of real familiarization with the goods. It’s also a good idea to encourage customers to upload their own product photos and post them on your product page in the review panel. It is also worth considering preparing 360 ° photos that allow you to see the product from all sides – just like in a stationary store.
7. Place a product review on your product page
Research shows that customer reviews can increase your conversion rate by up to 270%. Therefore, you should post product reviews on your product page. How to get feedback in e-commerce and optimize your product page?
– Request feedback via e-mail after the product has been delivered to the buyer.
– Offer a discount on subsequent purchases in return for sharing your opinion.
– Suggest a loyalty system – e.g. awarding points for product reviews that can then be used to pay for purchases.
E-commerce platforms contain special modules or plug-ins that make it easier to obtain customer opinions about the purchased products. These tools:
– automate the process of obtaining opinions by sending e-mails to customers,
– contain review forms, which makes it easier for the user to write it,
– they enable automatic sending of a discount code to customers who shared their opinion.
What tools should be used to obtain opinions?
– Customer Reviews for WooCommerce,
– Shoplo Reviews application,
– the module Reviews about orders and goods on the IdoSell platform, available as standard, which allows customers to add reviews with a photo of the product,
– product reviews module on the Sote platform, which allows you to add and approve reviews.
8. Build customer trust on the product page
Customer trust can affect the number of conversions in your online store. How can you build them on the product card? Provide information on the product page regarding:
– shop regulations,
– possible shipping and payment methods,
– delivery costs,
– possible purchase without registering and creating an account,
– the possibility and form of returning the goods.
Many online stores offer the possibility of direct online or telephone contact with an employee. This can be an effective way to optimize online store conversions and increase trust in your store.
9. Optimize your product page through cross-selling and up-selling
Cross-selling and up-selling are online sales strategies that will allow you to optimize your conversion rate and possibly increase your income. Both allow you to increase the value of your shopping cart. What are they about?
– Cross-selling proposes to the user products related to the one who is already watching or who has added to the cart, e.g. a case for a viewed phone.
– Up-selling consists in offering the user similar products to the one who is viewing / adding to the cart. These products have the same uses, but are more expensive in exchange for more functionality, quality etc., the offer may sound like you can have a faster model for only $ 100 more.
How to implement cross-selling and up-selling on the product page? Below the main content of your product page, put a section titled “Related Products”, “Others Also Bought” or “This You May Like”. Perhaps the user will click on one of the offers and decide to buy a more expensive or a second compatible product. This strategy is successfully used by stores – under the content of the offer, you will find a message about other seller’s items that may be of interest to you. It also happens that you can buy two related products in a package – at an attractive, lower price.
10. Use the page of unavailable / discontinued product to optimize your conversion
Effective ecommerce conversion optimization also includes working on a discontinued or temporarily unavailable product page. If you want to keep the customer’s interest, don’t leave a 404 page blank. You can use it to increase sales and get new conversions. How to do it?
– include links on page 404 to important product categories in your store,
– present other, similar products,
– create a 404 page with an internal search engine where the user will be able to find an interesting product,
– use a pop-up window on 404 page when the user wants to leave it. The window should contain information that may be of interest to the user, e.g. a discount code.
Remember to take care of:
– informing the user what he can do to find an interesting product, e.g. use an internal search engine, – intuitive navigation,
– identification of contact details.
A product page can turn a user into your customer. To achieve this goal, you need to optimize it in such a way as not only to encourage the closing of the transaction, but also to facilitate it. Remember to take care not only of information and content, but also of the website’s performance, its appearance, layout and usability. Check the effectiveness of the recommended methods in practice in your own online store.