The Content is King slogan in website positioning has not lost its importance for several years, and the content is still one of the most important Google ranking factors and clearly affects the position in the search engine. The positioning of websites and online stores, however, requires much more activities, and creating valuable content is only one of them. What elements on your website should you take care of for your SEO strategy to bring the expected result in the form of increased visibility in the search engine, increase in traffic, as well as conversions and revenues? How to create content that will support the positioning strategy?
There is no SEO without content – how do specialists assess the value of content in an SEO strategy?
Content is one of the main elements of positioning – many SEO experts confirm it. Their opinions should confirm your belief that it is worth investing in valuable content:
SEO without content doesn’t exist. You need content and keywords to be successful in SEO. It’s trivial but true: Content is King! – Neilpatel blog.
The three most important ranking factors are as follows:
1. and 2. Links and content.
Andrey Lipattsev – Google developer SEO without content is like a car without wheels – it won’t get anywhere.
Search Engine Journal
Why is content an important element of SEO?
To achieve SEO effects in the form of higher positions in Google and revenue growth, you should create valuable content and publish it on your website. Among them there are both product descriptions, product category descriptions and blog content, e.g. guidebooks, educational, as well as reports or statistical data. Why does content play an important role in the positioning of websites and online stores? Because:
– allows you to post keywords related to your offer and entered by users in the search engine,
– tells Google algorithms what your website is about, thanks to the content you can increase the CTR, as well as traffic on the website, especially on the blog, and build an image of an expert in your field,
– valuable content allows you to get high-quality backlinks,
– relevant content keeps users spending more time on your site,
– thanks to content, you can attract new fans and followers on social media (especially on Facebook and LinkedIn).
How to create content that supports SEO for websites and online stores?
How to write content so that it is valuable to both Google robots and users? Remember about:
– the use of headings,
– stylistic grammatical correctness,
– using key phrases in a natural way,
– the use of bolds – bold fragments should contain not only key phrases, but also elements important from the user’s point of view,
– inclusion in the content of information that is interesting and useful for the reader – if the content attracts his attention, he or she may make a purchase in your store or read other blog entries, which will extend the time spent on the website and may have a positive impact on positioning effects,
– using various types of content – blog entries, category and product descriptions, infographics, videos,
– content expansion and recycling, i.e. reusing existing content.
Content – an important, but not the only element influencing the positioning of pages
SEO trends mark important updates to the Google algorithm. Therefore, after the implementation of the Panda algorithm, SEOs focused on content, and as a result of Penguin in 2012, activities in the field of building a backlink profile became important for them. Currently, the goal set for the search engine by its creators is to provide users with content tailored to their query, which will be valuable and interesting for them. Therefore, in order to achieve the assumed effects of positioning websites and stores, you should focus not only on creating content, but also on:
– acquiring links,
– technical optimization of the website and optimization of product categories and products in the online store,
– the way the website works (User Experience),
– conversion optimization.
SEO is not just content – remember to get links in positioning your pages
For Google, links to your site are like points – the more valuable sites linking to your site, the better SEO results you can achieve. Most specialists believe that links and content are the main elements influencing SEO results. How to build a link profile to support your SEO strategy?
– Cooperate with portals on related topics, publish valuable content on their pages with a link to your website.
– Do not use link exchange programs and do not buy links – learn about other popular link building mistakes.
– Get links from pages indexed by Google, which have a high position in the rankings and are valued not only by algorithms but also by users.
– Take care of the gradual increase in links.
– Use collaborations, lectures and industry events to get links to your website.
Technical optimization – an important element of an on-site positioning strategy
SEO activities can be divided into on-site, i.e. on your website, and off-site, i.e. off-site. An important element influencing the position in search engines is the technical optimization of the website, which includes, among others:
– meta data optimization – title, description and descriptions of alternative photos,
– URL optimization – friendly URLs should contain the keyword; avoid URLs composed of characters that say nothing to users and search engine algorithms;
– implementation of the robots.txt meta tag to facilitate indexation of the page by Google robots,
– implementation of a secure SSL certificate and https protocol,
– internal linking and anchor optimization.
Optimizing these elements on the page – especially the title and description of the page – will not only improve the page positioning results, but can also increase the CTR and website traffic.
User Experience – an important element of website and store positioning
User Experience is the experience of users caused by browsing your website. If the experiences are positive and the website performs quickly and correctly, your website can achieve better SEO results. What actions should you take to improve User Experience in website positioning?
– Take care of the page loading speed, which is more and more important for Google due to the implementation of the new Google ranking factor – Core Web Vitals. You can check the speed of the website in such tools as Pingdom, PageSpeed Insights and GT Metrix.
– Remember to implement a mobile version of the website or a responsive website that is friendly to mobile devices.
– Plan an intuitive site structure so that both Google algorithms and users will know how to navigate through it.
– Create attractive content containing not only text, but also images, infographics, videos.
– Place an internal search engine on the website with the ability to filter the results. Create a Call to Action, i.e. a catchy slogan that encourages the user to act in various places on your website – in the header, footer, product card, or home page.
Conversion optimization – take care of the return on investment in positioning
SEO is an investment that should bring you a return on investment in the form of increased traffic visibility followed by higher revenues and more customers. Therefore, you should take care not only of the content in positioning, but also the optimization of the conversion rate. It includes a number of activities aimed at encouraging the customer to perform the desired action – for example, finalizing a transaction, subscribing to the newsletter, contacting your company by phone or visiting your stationary office. To start earning with SEO, you should:
– offer customers as many delivery and payment options as possible,
– simplify the purchasing process in such a way that it can be finalized in a maximum of 3 steps and without registration,
– take care of the attractive appearance of the website or store,
– place key buttons in places where the user expects them (for example, buttons “Add to cart”, “Send a query”),
– implement product recommendations to increase the value of a single basket and multiply the profits from positioning.
– add contact details in the footer,
– implementation of a contact button not only on company websites, but also blogs, positive on the live chat page,
– limiting the length of the registration and contact forms – ask the customer for only the necessary one, if you extend the process, the user will probably resign from registration or contact.
Search engine optimization is not only content – how to be successful in SEO?
Content is one of the key elements of SEO – without content, there is virtually no positioning of pages. However, you must remember that content is not everything – the success of a positioning strategy is influenced by many factors. Therefore, you should focus not only on creating useful, optimized and interesting content, but also on many other SEO elements. Among them are internal and external linking, technical optimization and conversion optimization, as well as User Experience. Only a comprehensive approach will give you a chance to rank higher in the search engine, increase website traffic and the number of conversions.